• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck will not start.

Ok so i turn the ingition switch on and The dash lights are dead, no radio, no wipers. no instrument panel, fuel pump does not cycle on for the normal two seconds, and the wait to start light dose not come on. tail lights work, head lights work, hazard lights work heater fan comes on and blows air. When i turn the ignition switch to the start position the blower turns off and that is it. My three gages on the pillar light up when the ignition switch is turned on but the have no power and do not light. I checked the fuses and i am thinking that the ignition switch may be bad. not sure how to check just a guess really.

I would lean towards maybe some broken wires in the column. Do you tilt it up and down a lot? Column wires are very common to break there where an ignition switch isnt all that common. I also say this because some stuff works and some of it doesnt. If it were the ignition switch I would assume that most if not all things probably wouldnt work.

Well it was a broken wire at the ignition switch. I took the female spade out of the wiring harness and un-soldered & un-crimped it and  re-crimp & re-soldered again. All is ok now. I never move the tilt up and down but my son was having trouble putting his seatbelt on so i tilted the column up to reach behind to help and then it did not start. thank you guys for the help.