• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ya know,  I never  asked the kid  how  it landed,  or how long it ran afterward...

I do remember him  saying he drove it for about a week afterward,   until he found another  ride.    He  was tired  of  not having  glass, and crawling in and out of the rear window, and it was  getting  cold  in eastern Colorado!   He  already found  a  cab and box  when I came along.    (I got  both in the  sale).

Oil  sumps  don't work worth a dang  when  inverted do they!!.......  geez,   I better pull the pan  and  pop  a  main or two,  and  a couple of rod caps...   sheesh.

If that's the case then you won't need to pull the pan or a main. If it was going to grenade you probably would have well before you got it. For a power upgrade like you want just remember KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Just play with the plate, timing, AFC and maybe some slightly larger injectors. That simple.

Whose clutch do you have to put in there? Maybe contact them for advice since there is a high probability that they would know if you need to upgrade the hydros.

If that's the case then you won't need to pull the pan or a main. If it was going to grenade you probably would have well before you got it. For a power upgrade like you want just remember KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Just play with the plate, timing, AFC and maybe some slightly larger injectors. That simple.

Whose clutch do you have to put in there? Maybe contact them for advice since there is a high probability that they would know if you need to upgrade the hydros.

Since  I'm going with  the Nv5600,   I'll need  the  right  flywheel.  (and  the  spacer for the starter)   So,   been  looking at  the  kits  that come  with  everything  needed for this  swap.  

Pretty sure I'll stay away from a   DD,     so   I'm  leaning towards     something  rated  ~ 450-500,    valair,  southbend..   etc...  most of  these outfits  have   this  trans swap  conversion  available...    Then it  comes  down to  the  cost/ reviews  from  others  on a particular clutch.

Yah,   I  like  the kiss system.   Less to go haywire  down the road...   and   easier to diagnose  when  things  fly apart!

Thanks  Tom.

oh man,  it's  snowing  again...   I can't  catch a break!    I bet if  I  opened up a  snow plowing  business..   it would be  70 degrees!

typical  ranch duties.       pulling the   hay sled,   24 ft  flatbed,   and  the  24 livestock trailer...

When   unhooked,     I   kinda want it to  'bark'  a little,  maybe show  some  teeth,    an   'play'  with the  'other children'... :evilgrin:    That's  kinda why I'm considering about  100-150  hp more clutch  than  what  I'm really needing.

But,   isn't this  how all  insane  builds  start?    :rolleyes: