• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Torque management

I was having a yarn with a Dodge mechanic a while age and mentioned how my truck seems to really work nice once you get rolling and the auto is in overdrive and the converter locks up.

He said it was built that way on purpose and thet Dodge calls it torque management. Supposedly helps the trans live a little longer.

Is this correct, I tried a search but found lots of other stuff. Not so much on this.

I may have even asked about it before, thought I already bugged you about it.

How does it do this, i would assume it regulates the timing and fuel somewhere along the line.

Thanks.

Chris

• Owner

Torque management is nothing more than ECM monitoring the ABS computer over the CCD network for road speed and keep the throttle defuelled till you reach roughly 25 MPH and then opens up to full fuelling of the ECM. This prevents the engine from producing excessive torque on lower gears to prevent transmission damage.

• Like 1