• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from Michigan

Chupp

Hey guys I'm Konnor. I am from Hadley, Michigan. I am going tomorrow to pick up my 01 Dodge and am looking forward to learning more about these trucks. I have been a ford guy for a while, then tried a duramax, and its time for a cummins to say the least. Looking forward to getting to know y'all and learning some stuff!

The truck I am picking up is a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 SLT quad cab long bed. It is an auto with a suncoast converter, billet input, and suncoast clutches. It has 150hp DDP injectors, Edge Juice with attitude, and an exhaust. It has 157,000 miles.

post-2378-0-89292100-1399668548_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-81498400-1399668556_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well guys I am bummed to say I did not get the truck. I drove 5 hours to go get the thing on saturday and got there to only be very disappointed.

Issues with the truck were:

-blown front main seal

-smelled like coolant

-bald tires

-drivers side seatbelt was locked and the box from under center seat was MIA

-dash was severely band-aided and looked like hell

-steering was very sloppy

-brakes sucked

-"built" trans shifted like garbage when barely under load

-bed sounded like it was going to fall off every bump

also the truck had a manual lock for the 4wd, and a hole in the bed from a stack. So my guess is it was at one point in time a pulling truck.

So now I am on the hunt for a 3rd gen 04.5-06 preferably with reasonable miles and either a built auto or manual in the 20k range, so we will see what I can come up with. Like i said I was very disappointed to have to leave the truck behind but it had money pit written all over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys I actually ended up getting an 04.5 Last week. Decided to just go for it and spend the extra money for a truck that would last me.

its an 04.5 3500 QCSB Laramie with 156k on it

-Suncoast trans

-Head studs

-II Dragonfly injectors

-Phatshaft 62/14 turbo

-Fass 150

-AFE intake

-4" Stainless exhaust

-Mag Hytec Rear pan and trans pan

-Lorenz Industries Coils, leafs, and control arms

-Thuren Fab track bar

-King Shocks

-Carli Suspension sway bar, hd end links, and steering stabilizer

-Gearbox brace and redhead gearbox

-Firestone rear bags

-Ranch hand rear bumper

-Western poly ultra mount plow

I must say it doesn't ride as good as my duramax did but i love the power and feel of the truck. Very happy with the purchase.