• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I replaced my starter a couple of years ago. I do a lot of service work and start and stop my truck 10 times a day. Should the contacts last longer than a couple years? I had an issue today where the starter engauged and then nothing. Multiple additional tires and no contact at all. I banged on the starter and also thought maybe my park switch may not be fully contacted by the shifter. So I pushed up on it before tryin to start. So I now don't know if it was the banging or shifter moving that solved the problem. Batteries good. Started as normal since.

replaced with a rebuilt starter?   

Man,   electrical components,  especially in the  rebuild  industry have huge  quality  differences....     I'd be surprised  at  anything lasting half as long as the original  these days!    Ed  has  a good idea^^^^

might of had a stuck brush,  and  the banging  fixed it..  or  you may have  a  failing  park switch too...

Edited by rancherman