• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sport lead light conversion

I am thinking about the pros and cons of doing this conversion using heavy duty wire and relays.Have any of you done this conversion?There is a lot of information on other forums,I have to do some thing if I am going to do much night driving. I'd appreciate any of you suggestions.

Thanks

Art

I did it 2 years ago and have no regrets, I bought the HD wiring harness (from suvlights.com) that runs direct off batteries w/ relays. The harness makes it so you can utilize both sets of hi/lo bulbs (9004 & 9007) they throw a lot of light, plus you can use what ever bulb you want. I considered Hid"s ,I'm not real fond of, i think they are overrated,

Thanks for your replies .I've decided to build my harness using the diagrams on rburks post.I've a lot of

wiring harnesses,and being that someone else has done all the design on it I'd be crazy not to take advantage of it.I' let everybody know how it tuns out.Thanks

Art.

Edited by hodag56

Thanks for you replies.I've decided to build my own harness,using the schematics from rburks post of 5 jan.

2011.It looks good and everyone seems satisfied that has used it.It woul be very easy to change the

sequence of how the ligts operate if iwas't happy with it.

Thanks Art