• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have been looking for adjustable ball joints for my 2WD 2500.

As the suspension sags the alignment is thrown off causing excessive wear on the ball joints and the tie rods.

All I have found are MOOG and we all know the issues with these.

Does anyone know of a good adjustable ball joint for the 2WD trucks??

Seems like they are all made for the 4WD

I appreciate your help!!

If it was me, I would figure out what has sagged and repair what is the problem. If you found some ball joints like you want all you would be doing is band-aiding the real problem and it could come back with avengance.

Yes, however, reality is that the alignment is only good without caster camber adjustment when the front suspension is in prime condition.

I can not believe that they are actually fixed without cammed adjustments in the a-frames.

I have to do ball joints and steering gear, then shocks and springs. either way I would just prefer a good adjustable camber.

somewhere will have to come tie rods...

If I do have to go oe then likely xrf joints.

The rubber bushings for the upper and lower arms are available and not bad to replace. I went through the front end of mine a while back and the only thing I didn't replace were the lower control arm bushings. The two bolts on the upper control arm are slotted to give you caster and camber adjustments. The front bolt adjusts the camber and the rear bolt adjusts the caster.

It has been a couple of years since I went through mine, but NAPA had all the numbers. You can also go to www.napaonline.com and look up the parts and get prices for your truck.

I found this on another site, about a third gen, for anyone thinking of going XRF:

After having balljoints replaced with XRF at local dealer -After a week or so, I noticed that one of the rubber boots was torn on lower BJ I returned to the dealer. He said "no prob, we'll replace the boot" -an OEM boot won't fit on the XRF. Oh duh!
I suggested just replace the XRF back to stock OEM, but to my surprise and theirs, the stock will not fit properly now because the splines on the external part of the XRF have made the housing where the BJ mounts too large.
Lesson learned! Once you replace OEM BJ's with XRF, you can't go back!...

...I talked with mark at XRF chassis and was told the lower b/j were over sized 3 to 5 thousands so that any out of roundness (or wear) is corrected when the b/j are installed.

He said you might have to cool b/j down for easier installation. Would have been nice to know a head of time.
sotex

The rubber bushings for the upper and lower arms are available and not bad to replace. I went through the front end of mine a while back and the only thing I didn't replace were the lower control arm bushings. The two bolts on the upper control arm are slotted to give you caster and camber adjustments. The front bolt adjusts the camber and the rear bolt adjusts the caster.

Are you speaking of the bolts that connect the upper control arm to the frame?

These are tthe only bolts I can think of that could move in this manner.

Are you speaking of the bolts that connect the upper control arm to the frame?

These are tthe only bolts I can think of that could move in this manner.

Yes sir. They are the ones that are right under the inner fender. Also, they are 15/16". A deepwell socket just won't quite fit under the inner fender and a shallow well won't quite completely cover the nut, but will work.