• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Swapping a 518 for a 47rh. few small questions

hey guys its been a while since ive been on the forum. unfortuneatly my truck is off the road. i have a firend who recently purchased a 12 valve and is paying me since i have a back round with first gens to swap a 47RH into in. he used to have the old clapped out A518 in it.

i recently got the transmission completely out. a few questions i had were

does anyone know the engine adapter plate to motor torque spec for the bolts?? i found for a manual the spec is 35ft/lb but i dont know if that applys to an auto to

also i need the torque spec for the flywheel to crank

ok and the last thing.....when i was removing the metal trans lines from the trans, of course the flares wouldn't come out. so i ended up cutting the metal lines to the trans. i plan on having metal braided stainless lines made up at a hydraulic shop near by. i noticed that there are two sets of metal lines though. one set goes to the cooler core mounted up front the other set goes to some kind of cylinder on the block under the turbo. my question is basically is there any way / can i delete that cylinder???  a friend that works at a trans shop told me i could but i wanted to check with actual cummins guys before i touch it

thanks in advance NICK

The one on the side of the block is a heat exchanger it helps warm the tranny oil in the winter and helps keep it cooler in instances where the tranny oil is higher than the engine coolant temp thus the name of heat exchanger the one up front is a cooler. and yes if you want the one on the side of the block could be eliminated if need be. But it is all in series so there are not two sets of lines per say just a few in a line, flow goes out tranny to exchanger from there to cooler and back directly to tranny from cooler.

The adapter torques should be the same no matter what tranny is hanging off the back.

• Like 2

awesome thanks WILD and FREE. im thinking hes going to want to delete it. because i dont really thing in PA the winters are cold enough to justify it. plus its going to be more of a fun truck than anything else i beleive. so if i do delete it that trans cooler up front just aint going to cut it. do you think somethink like a B&M 12x12 cooler would do it? possibly with a fan if need be?