• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil report

Just wanted to report that on the previous oil changed I used NAPA's 15w-40. Went 5000 miles and had the oil analyzed. The NAPA oil did better than the premium blue I had been using. They told me their oil was made by Valvoline, so I was a bit surprised that it tested better than premium blue.

• Like 1

X2!!

I believe the "severe service" schedule is 7500 mile on the "common rail" engines.  I change my oil out yearly now.....................but I run a MotorGuard bypass. 

Usually about 20,000 miles on the oil with 1 TP change and 1qt of "make up" oil in between.

• Like 1

I didn't think the intervals had been shortened that much. 5k miles seems awefully short, unless it is being ran very hard or has alot of short trips involved without the chance to get good and hot to cook off the condensation and what not in the oil. Or possibly it falls into that "once a year oil change"...

You can easily run 7500 miles on any cummins engine. I read where a guy was running dino oil in his 6.7 and changing filters at a certain mileage and was still getting good samples at 20,000. I am going to start sampling on my new megacab and see how far I can go

Isn't that what I said above??!! :2cents:  :duh: