• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty UDC Tuning

TFaoro

Any guys over here running smarty UDC tuning that you have programmed yourself? I've downloaded the software, and am looking into helping my brother write programs for his 05. The software seems simple and straight forward. He is just looking to decrease low end smoke and increase fuel mileage. After hours of searching the forums this looks like the way to go!

He has been running the lowest SW with the TNT software. I believe smarty calls it a 130hp tune. We haven't loaded a UDC yet as he just ordered the dongle yesterday

Here are his mods: 

SB DD clutch (NV5600)

62/65/14 phatshaft turbo

S&B intake and intake horn

4" turbo back magnaflow exhaust

indurstrial 85% over cp3

Exergy 100hp tips

3.73 gears on 33" tires

I'm sure I forgot a few things, but the truck runs very well! It has some timing rattle which annoys the crap out of me but overall power is impressive! We would like to keep the top end power and decrease the smoke output. A few mpg wouldn't hurt as well! 

John how much do you sell your tunes for? I found the spreadsheet you made and that alone impressed me! 

The higher tunes have noticeably more power but he is way out of turbo. It still howls black smoke even after the turbo lights on the highest setting. His plan is for an s475 when Christmas comes. You really think the cp3 is already maxed out? He's going to be pretty upset that he dropped that much money and he can't go much higher Rail pressure doesn't drop at all?? The tips I can see being maxed, but he want's another turbo a. nd studs before going with bigger injectors.

Edited by TFaoro

• Staff

Does he know what the commanded rail pressure is? It's hard to say if it's holding pressure or not when you don't know what it is.

He might be able to get a little more fuel out of it, but hard to tell.

One thing about UDC vs box tunes is that UDC can usually fuel more than the box tunes with the proper rail pressure map.

He is at least 200hp of fuel over stock on a single CP3.. not sure how much more is in there, it could be a decent about or it might not be. UDC will let him fine tune that better.

That makes sense! He has an edge insight CTS that he monitors with and the rail pressure is always between 21 and 23k while at WOT. I can get actual numbers if you are interested. Looks like he should start saving for a dual CP3 setup as well... His goal is 650-700hp with the twins and bigger injectors

I believe he left the rail pressure on the stock setting. What pressure can he run without hurting the injectors? They have 150k on them. The tips probably have 5-6k. Thanks for the tip! any other tips are appreciated if you have any. What is the tune that you have in your excel spreadsheet? It looks far from stock.