• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost 0.0 cold engine - 21.3 warm engine

Anybody see a boost reading on a Scangauge II showing Boost 0.1 cold engine and 21.3 after it warms up?
While cold it drives like a slug, but when warm drives like a dragster.
Thanks for any comments.

Edited by bry1216

Codes do work.  I pulled MAP connector and got a P0237.

I pulled both MAP sensor and IAC.  Both look really clean.  Reinstalled and same problem.

I did notice the BST at 0.0 until water temperature was 170'f, then BST jumped to 22.1.  Temp rose to 202'f and then cooled to 190'f and stabilized at 195'f.

Do anybody have a ScanGauge 2 that could describe the BST values they are getting?

Thank you.

Edited by bry1216

Small correction Michael - There were some codes in the beginning, but it was P0236 and P0382 codes and I found the plug in control wire off.  From the time I cleared it to pulling the MAP connector P0237 - cleared it - and after no codes.

I check all the grounds to the body in the engine area.

If anyone get time I would like to know your ohm measurements and socket size (determine if it is original or later Cummins part).

Edited by bry1216

• Owner

Ohm measurement will be skewed from person to person. Why? Because it measuring PSIa (atmosphere) not PSIG (pressure). So just two people from two different elevations could possibly have two different numbers. Like sea level should be 14.3 PSIa but here at my place be roughly 13.0 PSIa.

So its best to read it with a live data tool and compare it to a mechanical boost gauge.

Closer you get to 0 PSIa is a vacuum.