• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mercedes Diesel

joecool911

I am a big fan of bang for your Buck. I'm becoming a real estate broker. Been working in real estate for a long time as an investor. I'm interested in working with investors and possibly self directed IRA's to fund transactions and diversify investments away from the stock market. Home prices fluctuate, but rent prices has been stable and increasing. Plus I can manage property for customers that I sell to. A lot of people don't like that side of real estate.

Anyway, I am not going to become a big shot when the market is strong. We have most everything we need. But I love a good value and comfort in a vehicle. Unless I'm missing something, the 90's Mercedes diesels are a great value. $5k will get you into a very good looking rig. And provide great comfort and fuel economy for both in town and hiway driving. So now I am wondering if there is a downside to these vehicles? Are the a victim to vanity and cast off before their useful lives are over? Or will they be a maintenance nightmare?

With a 90s model, you will be into the 60X (2,3,6), most likely the 606. Stock block can handle 500ish HP @ 5000+ RPMs. They run smooth as glass, too. There was some 85-87 (I think) 603 engines that were 3.5 liters & had an issue with bending rods (Hence, the term Rod Benders), but most have been retrofitted or have already been recycled.

The 90s Mercs cannot be beat for the price, power, speed & ride.

Ed

• Like 1