• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

V10 to 24v 47re swap?

I was lurking around the interwebs this evening and found a guy selling a used 47re out of a 99 2500 with the V10. He claims it was rebuilt 3000 miles ago and with a torque converter and valve body swap would bolt up to the 24v, can anyone confirm that? I'm looking at have some transmission upgrades done in the coming year and can't really afford to have my truck sit for days on end while a shop does the work. So I was thinking about buying a used 47re and having it built then swap it out with whats in the truck now.

From what I understand the only thing different is the torque converter, but I am not 100% certain. Either contact Josh in Zimmerman or Goerends Transmission for accurate advice.

When I took my transmission to Zimmerman I would have had it back the same day except for having to ship my converter back to Georends for repair.

The 47re is the same for both gas and diesel valve body included. The torque converters are different salls. Your 24 valve should have a factory 2000 rpm stall converter in it. You can upgrade the converter to a billet style UT don't change the stall rating. It becomes kind of a pain I didn't know when I did mine and I don't like it with the 1600 rpm stall now. But everything else is the same on the swap.

• Like 1