• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help me spec out and buy a new trailer!

All, 

I am in the market for a new enclosed car / cargo hauler trailer.  I need to buy one before my next move in the spring.  I will start by saying that I tow very slow and gentle.  I am not one of those 80mph guys with a trailer. 

I am looking for something fairly large >24ft body but not unmanageable.  I am limiting myself to bumper pull for this trailer.  The trailer will stay on roads, but will see some dirt roads.  

I want something stout, ramp gate, able to fill with crap or a heavy old Chrysler and a bunch of tools and parts without worrying about the frame, axles, or whatever.  8 lug axles would be nice, and the wheels would interchange with most of the spares that I have on the farm at home. 

Sofar, Wells Cargo has been recommended, but I can't really find any available at the moment.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

i'd have to vote for the Wells Cargo. had one for YEARS!! was the best trailer i ever had. we had a wedge nose with access door, hauled snow mobiles and or quads, a car or two, moved several times with it. was light for the size.

had 3 roof vents. i wired it so it could be run with radio lights from house or generator. never leaked.

yup my vote is for a Wells Cargo.

• Like 1