• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grid heaters not working since high idle cold start enabled at dealer

It seems since I brought my truck into the dealer for the 3 cylinder high idle cold start enabling my grid heaters haven't worked. I see the wait to start light come on but the voltage doesn't change. I have to plug it in even at 0'C now or it won't start. Lots of white smoke for the first few minutes when I do get it running . Could there be another problem I'm missing maybe? Can a dealer possible program stuff to mess up or maybe accidentally delete my grid heaters somehow?

• Owner

The P0234 is probably cause by a heavy foot and the smaller boost elbow. P0500 I heard is from spinning the tires and not really moving, not sure if that's totally true. But with the torque of these truck on icy streets it happens a lot .

So I took it to the dealer this morning because I wanted them to check and make sure they never set something off. They told me it was my relays and it happens a lot ... I checked for codes as soon as I got back in the truck. Now it says PCU 0500,1694, 1693 and ECU 0382, 1693. Why wouldn't that show up before I gave it to them?