• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mechanical fuel pressure gauge line

• Owner

OK Gang... I discovered something today... For all of you that have mechanical fuel pressure gauges that are direct plumbed can have even more safety now. I found that you can get 1/8" air brake line at NAPA for cheap. The nice part is that the air brake line is rated well above 150 PSI (which I hardly doubt a 15-20 PSI lift pump will blow) and it extremely flexable. So if you kink the line it doesn't break off like oil pressure gauge tubing. This is Polyon Air Brake line. My problem was where my old school big line kit has the tap in the line for gauge is in between the filter and VP44 so every time I would work on my truck I would flex line so much I break it off. Now I got to head to town get a ferule and replace it again. Well that is gone and over... I bought 10 feet and 4 ferules for $6.00 buck even. Cheap fix and no longer got to worry about that line now... Even sitting here right now I'm flexing that piece of scrap line and I can fold it over in half and straighten it out over and over and it just snaps back. No holes or breaks yet...:cool:

• Like 1