• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coolant leak

He got rid of it at the right time 2 days after I had it had to replace transmission then couple months later injection pump and lift pump then alternator and batteries now this I've only had it almost a year I love it though it was completely stock when I got it still had cats

It's stock 99 2500 4x4 no 53 block thank god I have 4 inch downpipe with dual 4 inch pipe out the back leveling kit 22x12 wheels with 35s it do have a smarty Jr oh and why trans temp and boost gauges

Nice. I didn't get so lucky. I have a 53 block. Luckily, at 230,000 miles if it were going to crack it would've by now. At least I hope so! First thing anyone here will tell you is watch fuel pressure. If its a stock lift pump they are notorious for producing low pressure and you will never know until the injection pump is toast.

Get it on there ASAP. I'm not a know it all, still learning myself, but fuel pressure is the most important issue to start with on the 24v. Also, check out the articles on two- stroke oil. Any questions about it, I'm sure Mopar1973Man would be glad to answer. Its cheaper than any other additive and your VP44 will love it.

He got rid of it at the right time 2 days after I had it had to replace transmission then couple months later injection pump and lift pump then alternator and batteries now this I've only had it almost a year I love it though it was completely stock when I got it still had cats

Sounds like déjà vu. I've done all that. Just replaced transmission last weekend but I'm like you. I love my truck. Can't afford a new one nor do I want to deal with all the emissions stuff. I get enough of that at work. Hopefully, I'm at a point where I can start to make it look a little nicer. I've spent all my time getting everything underneath right.

• Owner

Get it on there ASAP. I'm not a know it all, still learning myself, but fuel pressure is the most important issue to start with on the 24v. Also, check out the articles on two- stroke oil. Any questions about it, I'm sure Mopar1973Man would be glad to answer. Its cheaper than any other additive and your VP44 will love it.

Some will debate that... Like you could do Opti-lube diesel additive which scores better and take less. But the price is a bit higher than 2 cycle oil but you can treat more diesel fuel. My problem is no one sells it locally and has to be freighted here. To much trouble for one product. I've got lots of 2 cycle engine so 2 cycle oil is required here at the house for weed wackers and chainsaws.

But yes I'll ask any questions...

Some will debate that... Like you could do Opti-lube diesel additive which scores better and take less. But the price is a bit higher than 2 cycle oil but you can treat more diesel fuel. My problem is no one sells it locally and has to be freighted here. To much trouble for one product. I've got lots of 2 cycle engine so 2 cycle oil is required here at the house for weed wackers and chainsaws.

But yes I'll ask any questions..

I add 1oz 2-stroke to 1 gallon diesel fuel. Some do more, some do less but I think thats the average. And I forgot about the Opti-lube because its not readily available to me either. So I go to Wally World and buy the TCW3 2-stroke by the gallon.