• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty settings with Edge comp stack

I know the smarty and edge stock aren't optimal for top end power but I love the low end grunt the smarty adds. I was wondering if any one was running anything close and what would be good for my set up. I don't think I can adjust the timing since the edge does that. Also I know i can only run the fuel only tunes. I think the TM only boosts throttle sensitivity on my year. I understand what duration does but I don't know if the Comp does that. I am currently running on SW5 and am seeing a little over 18mpg with the comp on 5x5. I'm only one week on my new set up.

You and I have very similar trucks, complete with ATS transmissions.  I am a shade smaller than you in injectors and turbo.  

I am still figuring out my settings with the new injectors and turbo.  I used to be on SW4 and 5x3.  I am starting with SW4 and 5x1.  I have zero smoke after an initial puff and it is still pretty sporty with the new setup.  EGTs have yet to get stable over 900 F.  

The REVO settings are interesting, I find that the torque management settings can make the truck shift late and hard depending on how extreme it gets. 

I want to try smarty only for a while, comp only for a while, and I wish I had a stand alone fueling box to test out.  I like a fast truck, but tires are expensive!

I left the smarty settings on default when I last put it on 4. I never really cared for the torque management being high. All it seemed to do for me was boost throttle sensitivity. I thought about trying sw8 and 5x1 on the comp. I wasn't sure if I was going the wrong way and needed slightly less fuel from the smarty.