• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

Ok so I got it all wired up and got put in the truck don't have the sensors hooked up yet but when I turn the key on the display is blank it lights up but just abunch of squares is this normal, just wondering if I have it wired right putting the turbo in tomaro and it's my daily driver so I hope it works out.

I am guessing the address for the screen is not correct.  If you look on arduino page 1 line 24 you see "0x27"  

Also does your screen have a i2c board on it? 2Q==

YwRobotLCD-CU-450.jpg

Google how to find the address of a ic2 screen.  Once you find the address change the 0x27 to whatever you have.  

Also verify you have the sdasca wires in the correct position for the screen.  

Edited by Me78569

Make sure the sda and sca wires for the screen are in the right position.  How do you have the screen wired?  Have you tried reducing the brightness/contrast of the screen using the adjuster on the i2c board?( Guessing that might be it)

How are you trying to make the turbo change?  Does it cycle when you apply power to the turbo?  Any noises from the turbo when power is applied?

Adjust the screen contrast using the small blue pot on the i2c board.  Sounds like the contrast might be all the way up.

Please post the exact canbus board you got.  Some boards use port 9 some use port 10.   You might have to change the channel in the code.

I think the canbus used pin 9 on that shield.  My code is setup for pin 10.  I think the first or second tab The code has something like "McP (10);". Change that to 9.  Recompile and upload.

Page 1 line 23 change mcp can1(10) to mcp can1(9)