• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

I have not tried it on a new turbo personally, but I see no reason that they would change how the turbo talks.  I believe someone over on lilbb.com has a newer vgt that they use.  they might have insight.

Edited by Me78569

I have been trying to add some coding into version 1.08 to control the max exhaust pressure while driving. But i am having issues trying to figure it out, this is what i got going at the moment, I am trying to get coding to limit the max drive pressure. Not even sure if any of this is even remotely correct.

if (ExhaustPressure > 30 ){  // Max exhaust bakpressure.  
        if (turbo_accel[2] > 0 && BoostPressure > 20) {vane_position = last_vane_position - 2;}        
        else if (turbo_accel[2] > 0 && BoostPressure < 25) {vane_position = last_vane_position - 1;}
        else {vane_position = last_vane_position;} 

Very bottom of tab E_Pos manage 

if (turbo_rpm > curve_rpm[3]) {vane_position -= TPS_range;}
        if (turbo_rpm > 110000) {
          if (turbo_accel[2] > 60) { vane_position -= 10; }
          if (turbo_accel[2] > 90) { vane_position -= 10; }

} 
        // Overrun protection
      if (turbo_rpm > 140000 ){  // 145,000 rpms is where I get worried about shaft speed.  
        if (turbo_accel[2] > 0 && BoostPressure > 25) {vane_position = last_vane_position - 2;}         //this will creep the vane position more open each code cycle if turbo rpms are above 150,000 if not in curvea ( perf mode defined by "F_watchpot" tab) 
        else if (turbo_accel[2] > 0 && BoostPressure < 25) {vane_position = last_vane_position - 1;}
      } 
      if (turbo_rpm > 155000) {
        vane_position -=10;
      }
      if (turbo_rpm > 160000) {
        vane_position -=40;
      }

}
  vane_position -= (FuelOffset * SpeedOffset);
 }
if (turbo_rpm < minimum_turbo_rpm) { 
 if (BoostPressure < 10) {vane_position = 700;} else if (BoostPressure < 20){vane_position = 600 ;} else { vane_position = 500;} //so that the turbo will default to %50 if no rpm sense.
 }
     if (ExhaustPressure > 30 ){  // Max exhaust bakpressure.  
        if (turbo_accel[2] > 0 && BoostPressure > 20) {vane_position = last_vane_position - 2;}   //this will creep the vane position more open each code cycle if back pressure if not in curvea ( perf mode defined by "F_watchpot" tab) 

Well that's my question why 30 psi drive pressure?  Are you having issues with DP?  What shaft speeds are you seeing?  What ratio at that WOT

The turbo seems to sit in the sweet spot for me, but I think that has to do with me seeing the values for the shaft speed steps.  IE at 100,000 rpm I am at ~12cm^2

The issue I am having is at 2/3 I will see drive pressures over 40psi. My boost around 15-23, I am seeing about 80k rpm. 12cm is usually to big for me as I'm running this on my 4bt and that causes the turbo rpm to fall to drastically. I will see dtbr at about 2.6 and higher I have been setting the turbo to 9 than 10cm^2 and that helps at higher engine rpm. 30 is just a reasonable number I picked that seems to be when it is running the strongest. If I wot at a low engine speed the turbo stays small and the drive pressure gets to about 40 to 44 and gauss the engine to fall on its face. 

Alright so there is a function wrote into the code under k_keeptime that is made to increase the vane position based on TPS related to boost.  

So you can see at %71 tps and above ( edit if you like)  that I open up the vanes by 20 if above 20 psi and below 30.  If you want to open more then adjust to be greater than 20 if TPS is = tps_high 

// TPS_range calc process

if (timer % 200) {
     if (ThrottlePosition <= 20) {TPS_low = true;} else {TPS_low = false;}
     if (ThrottlePosition <= 45 && ThrottlePosition > 25) {TPS_midlow = true;} else {TPS_midlow = false;}// watches throttle input to increase or decrease vane position.  Vane position mapping is based on low throttle input. 
     if (ThrottlePosition <= 70 && ThrottlePosition > 45) {TPS_mid = true;} else {TPS_mid = false;}
     if (ThrottlePosition > 70)  {TPS_high = true;} else {TPS_high = false;} 

if (TPS_low) {TPS_range = 0;} //supports low throttle cruise. if under %20 don't change vanes

if (TPS_midlow){ //20<tps>45
      if ( BoostPressure < 2) {TPS_range = -60;}
      else if ( BoostPressure < 5) {TPS_range = -40;} //it will try and spool the turbo if tps is 25><45 calc section "-" the tops_range so setting number here to - means housing size shrinks.
      else if ( BoostPressure < 10) {TPS_range = -20;} // 25<tps>45 and boost less than 10 half cm smaller
      else {TPS_range = 0;} //other wise leave vanes
     }

if (TPS_mid){ //45<tps>70
      if (BoostPressure < 50) {TPS_range =  -30;} 
      else if (BoostPressure < 10) {TPS_range =  -20;} 
      else if (BoostPressure < 20) {TPS_range = 0;}
      else {TPS_range = 20;}
     }

if (TPS_high){ //70<tps>100
      if (BoostPressure < 10) {TPS_range = -20;}
      else if (BoostPressure < 20) {TPS_range = 0;}
      else if (BoostPressure < 30) {TPS_range = 20;}
      else {TPS_range = 40;}
     }
  }

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 9:18 AM, Rod said:

thanks jibayes that's what I had

I'll log it and post the canbus logs and the actual requested//reported as indicated by the scan tool

thanks

So it is pinned different

So the connector wiring is quite different, the outer 2 pins are power, the inner 2 are the canbus. However the HE300VG actuator uses the same exact addressing, so.. it runs just fine on the LBB.

go over to lilbb.com and ask him for the wiring if you are still having issues.

• 1 month later...

Have any of you utilized an he351ve with one of these controllers on a manual truck?  I drove a truck that had a fleece controller in it and when you shifted the truck it seemed to cause a fair amount of compressor surge.  I am very interested in swapping to an he351ve any input on this would be greatly appreciated, this is the only reason I joined this forum.  I am sure that once I have all of the components to build the controller I will have more questions.