• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some help for a buddy

My 04.5 failed the exact same way.  I assumed it was high EGT. My synopsis was exh valves melted, valve heads came off, one embeded in piston and the other was in the Turbo (mostly).  Valve springs were still intact in mine, but rockers damaged.  I had my Edge chip set on level 3 pulling my 32' camper up a hill at 120km/hr trying to pass someone, my mistake.   

Sorry for the wait guys, been busy with work. He ended up buying a fresh rebuilt motor from a diesel shop in Anchorage. I am not sure what the name of it is though. They should be finished building it by this coming week. They are doing everything but the injectors and turbo. I am steering him towards OE new bosch injectors or the BBI's but as for the turbo, I dont know where to start. At the moment he would like to stay OE on everything. 

Where would be a good source for a turbo that is not super expensive? He has found a couple on ebay with good warranties but we all know how ebay can go....