• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck Bed Tank Module Access Pics.....

• Staff

post-669-0-09302900-1391921519_thumb.jpgpost-669-0-54853800-1391921544_thumb.jpgpost-669-0-35031400-1391921561_thumb.jpgpost-669-0-63758800-1391921604_thumb.jpgpost-669-0-03767400-1391921633_thumb.jpg

If you look close you can see how I supported the cut cross member to the bed frame and supported the bed floor. All bolting to the truck frame was from existing factory holes because I didn't want to drill any holes in the truck main chassi.

One of the pics shows my shut off valves to my in line filter and AD100 so I can easily change out either one. There is another shut off valve next to the transfer case to not loose fuel prime too.

Also notice my tall fuel filter has a protection plate. I remove one bolt and it swings out of the way for filter changing.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

It's all bolted using existing frame holes and carraige bolts thru the bed. I took a small file to square up the holes for the stainless carriage bolts in the bed.

You can see the cover plate (1/4'' aluminum diamond plate) in post #3 leaning up, showing about half of it you can see.

• Like 1

I've been wondering about finding an old bed and cutting oversized cover pieces out if it. Then the access panel would be almost un-noticeable. Get a lot of them out of a bed.

What did you do to seal the metal on the bed cuts to mKe sure it doesn't rust?

• Like 1

I'm no as worried about sealing the bed lid so it won't leak; but rather protecting the cut edges from rusting. Some kind of paint or liquid galvanized paint like used on fencing rails.

Good thing about this mod is not having to complete it all in one setting before heading off to work. I can't afford to be without it.

Edited by joecool911
  • Like 1

• Staff

I found some Mercruiser boat motor paint and masked off around the cut, laid newspaper over the tank and sprayed away. I will eventually mask and spray all the ss screws and bolts showing.

This is one of those mods that you do if you need a good challenge and with nothing else to do.... well.... I actually relished figuring a way thru this. I went and cut the hole and bed frame first. That way I was forever committed :cookoo::drool:

to getting it done

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1