• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

First, I had the diode installed to the IAT sensor. Did this mod since it first came out. Had no problems with it until recently. The code just started the past couple of months. In the back of my mind I kept thinking it was related to the morning cold. Finally decided it was time to get rid of the engine code light from reappearing. Long story short, the wiring harness was in good shape. Figured the easiest way to see where the problem was  to put it back to stock. Been fine since. Amazing that a 10 cent part can change everything!

• Owner

Ummm... Diode would crate that issue. Diode is nothing my than a check valve for power. It can only follow in one direction so if you hook it up one way you'll have hi volt code and reverse it and have lo volt code. But now a resistor of proper value should not trip any codes because the computer see the proper range of voltage.