• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drivers Side Fender and well liner

Cant find the thread I thought existed .... if someone has the link. Drivers side.

Basically looking to see what needs to be done.

Remove all bolts at front support brace near radiator 

Remove the battery,  tray and bolts x 4

Remove the ABS bolts x 3

Remove the rear bolts for fender

what else ? 

:thumb1:

You pretty much got everything. I just unbolted the abs/fuse box and tied it up with a bungee. Snake the headlight wiring out of the way as much as you can, mine got damages when the fender dropped unexpectedly. Big bracket by the hood hinges has to come off. There is sneaky bolt that took me a little while to find. It's underneath in the wheel well about level with the top of the tire. There are a lot more bolts in the fender than I was expecting so take your time.

Ya I probably spent 1-2 hours taking the first one off. Could probably do it in half hour now that I know the process. Getting it set back in place didn't take long but the real struggle was trying to get the doors fenders and hood to line up since I had them all off and they were from a different truck. If your just doing one fender it shouldn't be nearly as bad.

Thanks.

I have a rust spot about the size of 3 fingers punch through near wheel well.

$200 to have it patched .......and with fibreglass

But have a mate that has one I can get for free ..... just need to paint and remove/install.

• 2 weeks later...

I also live in the rust belt they go nuts with that liquid stuff on the road I use an old lawn sprinkler that spins with adjustable nozzles stick the garden hose under the truck in the front get it to the back attack the sprinkler turn on water pull the hose very slowly forward and it washes the salt off the underside