• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Awesome! For you gadget guys, consider a Motive brake fluid changer. Pump up sprayer and cap that fits on the master cylinder. No pumping of the brakes. Just open bleeder screws and let er rip. You can also bleed brakes by yourself without the need for a person pumping the brake pedal.

• Owner

Small problem with any bleeder system. Where do you think all the heavy debris goes to while bleeding the brakes? It drops to the bottom of the calipers. What happens next is the debris will start to wedge up the calipers and start the binding issues. So flushing or bleeding the system is only half of the project. I would still take all 4 calipers off open them up, wash them out, and reassemble each one. Like I'm due also for brake fluid change myself.

Another way you could do the bleeding job is to pull all 4 calipers. Then squeeze all 8 caliper pistons back in with the bleeder screw open. Allow the system to drain by pull the hose free from one front and one rear caliper. With the hose disconnected the debris can't enter the calipers. Then close all the bleeders. Reload the system and bleed the system out.

All brake fluid should be changed every 30k miles.