• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Broke fuel line

Today I had to do a repair to my fuel return line coming off of the VP at the pressure regulating banjo. The steel tube cracked where it is pressed into the banjo. I was 40 miles away from home, luckily I had an old washing machine hose, and some SS clamps in the truck. Made the repair and ordered the new part over night from Cummins. I pulled in, and smelled fuel, the customer standing out side my truck confirmed this :neutral: I am sure it happened from replacing the VP 44 2 times in a year, it did bend as I turned out the banjo bolt that last time, as I recall.

---------- Post added 03-10-2010 at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-09-2010 at 05:27 PM ----------

Of course Cummins had to send the wrong part, it did how ever have the correct banjo for the 18MM bolt. So I bought same 5/16 compression unions, got out my tubing cutter and bender, and made it work. Now I feel I am ready for the 160 miles I have to go tomorrow.

i replaced this line on a customers truck yesterday the correct cummins part number is 007c/3945707

Well the Cummins dealer sent me a fax, with the same one as mine, then he said it was a different part number, he did not have it in stock, and it was shipped from another branch, and I guess that is where the error happened? Oh well, it is just fine as it is.

Similar to this one... (Number 2)

Similar, but on my vp I have a 1/2 inch big line hose there now.

Posted Image

Or... (Number 1)

Posted Image

Looks like number 1, and broke just right of the arrow, where the steel tube is pressed in. It actually connects to line 2, on my truck it is a 3 or 4 inch tube with a braided connect, it is fasted to a bracket to the right, that goes to the banjo tube, that contiues to the tee in the back of the engine. Tube number 14 in the pdf.

i don't know if it is just Cummins Southern Plains or not, but after both purchases(box of fleetgaurd filters and mopar's oring and shim's) they called me on my cell and asked a short questionnaire. it took less then 2 minutes and was done by a third party company. if i was you i would complain. #14 says "for sale" "yes".

i don't know if it is just Cummins Southern Plains or not, but after both purchases(box of fleetgaurd filters and mopar's oring and shim's) they called me on my cell and asked a short questionnaire. it took less then 2 minutes and was done by a third party company. if i was you i would complain. #14 says "for sale" "yes".

I already cut the new line and made a permanent repair, I can not take any recourse now. I bought it from Cummins Northeast.