• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vibration Damper

Like my new oil dip stick i bought a few years ago was like gunmetal dark finish instead of the usually machine satin silver fininsh for some reason.. made it very hard to see the marks after about a month from oil change..so the other day i took scotchbrite to it ,,DIDNT DO ANYTHING,,Then lightly i took sandpaper 300-500grit IIRC and the finish mor like the old one { like silver machined} but it almost took the marks clean off so i took dreamed / disk attach and defined the marks so i could see

Like my damper does have the alignment tick marks and mine was dead one the money yet. Most failures I see from engines leaking oil out the front seal and the rubber ring gives up.

When I bought this truck it had the puke bottle set up and the front seal was leaking. I must have scraped off an 1/8" of oil and clay from the damper before hitting it with brake clean and reinstalling it.

Well, it helps! Didn't push it but it idles smoother and doesn't shake over 2000 rpm anymore! I'll have to take it on the highway for a thorough test, but around town it's better!

Definitely rides a lot smoother! And, know I why my tachometer would fluctuate and jump around at idle. Since the install, my tach stays dead still when idling or in park. The truck is still in it's comfy spot between 1800-2000 rpm, but it's much smoother up around 2200-2400 rpm. Well worth the $200.

post-1611-0-89609700-1437183221_thumb.jp