• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vibration Damper

I'm going to replace the vibration damper (harmonic balancer) this weekend and was wondering if it is directional or has to be aligned with a mark anywhere? When I resealed my timing cover a couple years ago I just slapped it back on and torqued to spec, but I figured I'd ask the genesius this time. It's an oem cummins, can't run anything else with the fuel boss...

Thanks 

John

• Staff

Nope they will go on any way. Why can't you run something with a fuel boss?? Pics please

Must be a 24V thing as my CR only goes on one way. The notch for the tone ring extends into the damper.

The fuel boss and fluidampr would occupy the same space. This is the main reason I quit looking at the fuel boss.

I believe, that there is only one way the bolts align. Just out of curiosity, why change it?  

Getting an engine vibration over 2000 rpm. It's not speed (odometer) related, because I can go 65 at 1700-1800 rpm no issues, rules out u-joints, I think. Any speed, rpm at 2000 or higher the motor shakes like crazy and I haven't pushed it since this started happening. After 220,000 miles, it's not a bad idea for a new one. I hope it's this simple...

I'll post pics tomorrow. All aftermarket dampers protrude forwards too much, not leaving any room for the fuel boss. 

Idk if it makes a difference, but my buddy runs a 6.7 dampener on his 12v with his mechanical belt driven fuel pump. It's the DTT mad pump, not the fuel boss. He took it to a machine shop and told them to make it to where it would fit like the stock dampener. Idk what they did to it but he likes it. I believe it's fluid filled and a little bigger.

Fluid d doesn't because its one piece. My 02 had slippage indicator marks and every one from a 24v I have seen had them, not sure on 12v ones. Would be odd if they didn't but anything is possible, they are not very big one on either side of the rubber.

• Like 1