• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 rear parking brake backing plate

Does anyone know a good place to get backing plates. I got a 2002 D80 single rear wheel, disc brakes. Both plates are rusted out and ready to fall off. Also would a newer baking plates from 2003 up fit 2002? If bolt pattern same then I could upgrade to bigger breaks in rear. Rotors, pads/shoes, caliper mounts. I did it to my front works great, just not sure if newer backing plates fit on older axels. If I could get original plates cheap then I would stick with the breaks I got.

Ya, 03' and newer are AAM. We have Danas. Not sure if they're compatible.

Yes, but from what I read, hardware for brakes bolts right on, the only thing I'm not sure about is backing plates. I guess one way to find out. At a price of $70 for both sides it's worth the risk. If they don't fit I might modify them to fit or weld up my old ones. No way in hell I'll spend $170 for each. At $340 I can change all rear brakes to bigger stile. Probably will do it in a few months or so.

• 2 months later...

OK, I got tired of searching and got a set of backing plates for 2003 and newer AAM Axle, and guess what, it's exact same baking plates. I figured for &50 I can put them on the shelf for never know what. Not sure why all of the listings for (924-226 Doorman)  say 2003 and newer, if these guys knew that older dodges with rear disk breaks are same they would make a lot more money and price would probably go up. Anyway here are some pictures, and also rear breaks for newer models are almost the same unlike fronts. Fronts were bigger in diameter and thickness, rears are only bigger in diameter but pads are exactly same, even parking brakes are identical. So for now I left my old breaks on and only changed backing plates. Hope this helps a lot of people that are fortunate to find this thread. 20151118_155617_001.thumb.jpg.1a1c0a37bd20151118_133308.thumb.jpg.351dfe10bbadf620151118_141148.thumb.jpg.558a3ac00f53c320151118_130920.thumb.jpg.c54b1bd2f86ef0

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CSM said:

When I see trucks like this, I realize how fortunate I am to have a western truck.  

No kidding, when I was looking for a truck this was the only one for sale that was 6 spd and lower miles I was ready to go to southern states at that time but couldn't find anything for about half a year, so I settled for this one. But I wold love to get a southern truck. 

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

No kidding, when I was looking for a truck this was the only one for sale that was 6 spd and lower miles I was ready to go to southern states at that time but couldn't find anything for about half a year, so I settled for this one. But I wold love to get a southern truck. 

Glad you found the parts though.  I didn't even know they sold those plates. 

8 minutes ago, CSM said:

Glad you found the parts though.  I didn't even know they sold those plates. 

Stealer only wanted $270 for each but it came with mounting hardware and shoes, the only other place I found was online Mopardirect or something like that and they want $170 for each. These are for aam axles but are identical and only $45 on amazon for a pair. 

• Like 1