• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is it new turbo time?

I did stop it before the intake horn. The grid heater gasket seems too simple. I will be checking it as soon as the sun comes up. So another question for you. When I pressurize the intake side of the turbo will air hiss through the valves and out the exhaust? If not this idea is genius and could really set me on the right path.

I'm excited this is sending me in the right direction. So I just want to confirm.... The motor should not have any leaks when off and I pressurize the intake side of the turbo. I heard some hissing that's why I used the can of chili because I figured that the hissing was from some valves being open. 

Fixed... Found a good sized leak on the boot that connects at the motor intake. The sound I think is coming from belt tensioner. At higher rpm 2k or more the belt shakes like mad at the tensioner.

Well hopefully that fixes it. I've chased noises for some time. I've got a few I'm still chasing to this day.