• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is it new turbo time?

Is it time for a new turbo?

I have less than a 1 to 2 mm of play side to side. No play in and out.

New noise sounds like a bad belt tentisioner. This happens when developing boost or decreasing boost. The sound is coming from where the turbo is located. It is building boost and running fine. It feels like the boost is coming on slower than normal but that could be in my mind.

post-2618-0-32722000-1443574131_thumb.jp

post-2618-0-04545100-1443575129_thumb.jp

Some autozone filter. I think stp as it is white. Very disappointed at the crud that made it past. Might as well have not been running an air filter.

You may have a warped air filter housing not letting the filter seal properly. Not an uncommon issue on 2nd gen air boxes. And to add to Tylers post time to check all the clamps from the turbo and make sure the hoses are not cut or slipped back a bit ect.

What is bhaf? What about that strange sound coming from around the turbo? Is there a way to test the waist gate?

Read my reply above  :thumb1:

A wastegate does not make a sound like that. Also, if you could fill out your signature with your transmission that would be great!

What is bhaf? What about that strange sound coming from around the turbo? Is there a way to test the waist gate?

That is what we are trying to say, by checking all the hose clamps from the turbo to the intercooler all the way to the intake horn. It will cause a whistle or screach if there is a boost leak caused by a blown or loose hose or clamp.

• Like 1