• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck died in my driveway

AlCorr

I just went out and tried to start the 04 truck, the first cold morn of the season and I know the batteries were a bit low. It turn over slow then stopped, nothing, won't turn over at all. Now with the key out there is a small red light near the oil gauge and a buss noise going on and off. I never seen anything like this before. Help!

Called AAA today to get a jump start. The guy shows up with a battery pack, hooked it up and nothing. Calls another AAA guy for cables. I offered mine so now I have 2 trucks hooked up with jumper cables, one on each battery and 2 battery packs, one on each battery. Tried to start it and still nothing, this was un-real.

I'm looking at it and said maybe if you take the battery cables off the battery and clean them it would work. Last time I had new batteries installed the guy broke the neg. battery connection, so he put a adapter on the end. The AAA guy takes the adapter off and cleans it, puts it back on and says give it a try. I hit the key and it fired right up, no battery pack, no jumping cables. There was enough power in my batteries only to start it. I can't believe what a dumbbell I am.

Anyway, thank you all for the advise.

• Like 2