• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Industrial 5.9 version questions

I found a daycab 1995 Freightliner FL70 with a 5.9 12v cummins and a eaton 9 speed transmission. Can you guys list any reason I should/should not buy this compared to a Cat 3216 motor or was is 3126... The Cummins only has 120k miles on the truck as well! I'm going to be pulling a 50 foot car hauler 3-4 cars and a 28ft container, but mostly for the car hauler.Thanks.Oh, and do all the mods swap to this truck that the regular road trucks do?:hyper:

I can't seem to find anything but I think those cats are probably sleeved. Not that it makes much difference, but easier to rebuild. The cummins will do fine. All the mods should be the same. Might be some stuff that's different like having an air compressor on vacuum pump, but it should all mod the same. I don't know much about the cat's though.

I found a daycab 1995 Freightliner FL70 with a 5.9 12v cummins and a eaton 9 speed transmission. Can you guys list any reason I should/should not buy this compared to a Cat 3216 motor or was is 3126... The Cummins only has 120k miles on the truck as well! I'm going to be pulling a 50 foot car hauler 3-4 cars and a 28ft container, but mostly for the car hauler. Thanks. Oh, and do all the mods swap to this truck that the regular road trucks do?:hyper:

Are you taking the engine out of the FL, or are you going to run the FL? Are you referring to Ram Truck mods? Being a mechanical IP, mods would be easy, what is the engine rated at now? I am sure it is higher then a stock Ram to begin with.
  • Like 1

The cummins is superior over the 3116 and 3126 cats which were prone to lots of injector and especially cam problems.

That is what I have heard too. From what I understand, the internals of the pump are somewhat different compared to our trucks, but work the same and a lot of the pump mods are the same.