• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Problem???

You'll have to do some digging around for the Walbro setup... I know there use to be a few vendors selling them as kits and now I can't seem to find them. Also remember that AirDog and FASS both on the full systems have a lifetime warranty where walbro don't.

yup...what he said:thumbup2:

There aren't any dealers selling kits anymore. There were a few problems with the kits. Like any kit, it was much more expensive to to purchase than buying the parts individually. This drove the price up to nearly the cost of a Raptor kit. The Walbro kit didn't have a very long warranty so to most people it was worth spending a little more to get the Raptor. The other problem was Walbro (or their distributor) stopped wholesaling pumps to dealers that didn't carry their entire product line. I worked as a service manager at an RV dealer for 15 years. Almost all RV's are delivered from the factories by contractors using their own trucks (95% being Dodge CTD's) It was these drivers who first introduced me to the Walbro 392's. The main reason most of them where using the Walbro was the pump it self cost about $100.00 to purchase so they could afford to carry an extra one. In the event of failure, the pump could be replaced at the side of the road in about 5 minutes and they could continue on their way. If they were running a Fass or Airdog, they would have to wait for a replacement to arrive from the factory. This down time would make the free replacement pump actually cost far more money than just spending $100.00 on a replacement Walbro (lost income, hotel room, possibly having to have their truck and trailer towed...). It's unfortunate that Fass and Airdogs are not sold by major parts retailers that would allow you to exchange your failed pump immediately. I'm thinking about doing a write-up on installing a Walbro system including what parts are needed and where to get them. I don't mind spending the time if there is enough interest. But basically, the pump itself costs about $110.00. The remainder of the system (hose, clamps, fittings, prefilter, return manifold, relay and bypass regulator) will probably bring the cost somewhere around $250.00. My system was less because I already had the fittings, clamps and hose plus I made my own return manifold and wired my own relay harness rather than buying a pre-made one.

• Owner

Make sense... Yeah it wasn't long ago when I remember seeing Walbro system floating around a bunch and the POOF!... But i do see the pump are still available its just the kits are not... so if it was me I would then use a Vulcan Big Line Kit and Walbro and mod the Big Line Kit out to work. About the only thing I can think of that not there is the regulator.

I'm thinking about doing a write-up on installing a Walbro system including what parts are needed and where to get them. I don't mind spending the time if there is enough interest.

I'd love to see a write up. I always like seeing alternatives to the current mainstream solutions. Looking at the systems out there I still think the Walbro has great attributes. Although it seems the prices are going up a bit on them.I was somewhat excited on the Holley HP150. However it looks like the quality still isn't there. I've read (not experienced) the bodies have leaked on their owners relatively quickly. In my mind I believe a pure mechanical system like a MITUSA or Glacier are tough to beat especially since their prices are inline with their electrical counterparts. Just my :2cents: