• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mechanical oil pressure gauge sender location

So, I had no oil pressure, had good oil level, truck ran fine, 2001 24 V.  I replaced the oil pressure sender under the wiring harness.  I still have no oil pressure showing on the dash cluster.   Could it be a bad sender, or a bad gauge on the dash?   I'm throwing no DTC or error codes on an INOVA code reader.  I bought a mechanical, Autometer oil pressure gauge.  Can I locate the sending unit on the oil filter housing, or is there a better place?  I searched all of the other  posts on the forum, and no one has had the problem of replacing the sender and still having no oil pressure.

Thanks!

Edited by GSX455

• Owner

First of test your cluster and see if it is damage or throwing errors.

Second there is a plug on top of the oil filter mount. You can add a oil pressure gauge there for testing or permanent. The actually oil pressure sender is typically right near the ECM on the driver side of the block. 3 pin plug.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

So, I did the gauge cluster test, and the oil pressure gauge responded in the actuator test.  Does this mean the oil pressure sender I bought is faulty, replaced about 2 years ago from Geno's Garage ?   Could it be a bad wiring harness?   The 3 pin plug on the sensor below the ECM is snugged in there pretty well.

Thanks!