• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty stacked with a powerMax3 ???

Has anyone stacked a smarty with a TST PowerMax3? If so how well does it work? Thanks Jim

well when i had my '03 common rail i had a Smarty and a tst power max with the r37 controller...and that thing RIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPED man...fixin to get a Smarty and see how it does withe the Edge juice w/att.
  • Like 1

Has anyone stacked a smarty with a TST PowerMax3? If so how well does it work? Thanks Jim

I'm currently running this combo. It works very well! for DD I'm running the Smarty on PL3 (just to get a bit of timing) and the PM3 on PL4 or PL5. The Smarty adds a nice kick around 1500 rpm. Mileage is quite good (I think). The only thing I do encounter with running this stack is a surging with the cruse control at highway speed.
  • Like 2

I'm currently running this combo. It works very well! for DD I'm running the Smarty on PL3 (just to get a bit of timing) and the PM3 on PL4 or PL5. The Smarty adds a nice kick around 1500 rpm. Mileage is quite good (I think). The only thing I do encounter with running this stack is a surging with the cruse control at highway speed.

When I run on cruse control (60-65 mph) I get just a bit of surging on PM7 or above. I think it's because the cruse is too sensative for the increased power at the throttle and over fuels and defuels to try to keep a constant speed.

Vacuum motor is too slow to keep up with changes... The newer electronic cruise control is smoother...

Not sure I understand what you are saying. I've never looked into how the cruse on my 98.5 works because I've never had a problem with it. Are you saying that there is a vacuum motor that controls the throttle? Where is it located? Is there an electronic retrofit that works better? How much work and expense is involved to convert to electronic? Thanks Jim

Vacuum motor is too slow to keep up with changes... The newer electronic cruise control is smoother...

yes i am interested also!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

When I run on cruse control (60-65 mph) I get just a bit of surging on PM7 or above. I think it's because the cruse is too sensative for the increased power at the throttle and over fuels and defuels to try to keep a constant speed.

see my edge juice with att. does that to.if i run it on 1x2 it isnt as noticeable like would be on 1x5.the low end responsivneness is very throttle responsive...overfuel defuel to mantain the speed that was selected like SASQCH said.