• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauge saved my bacon.

Had mine down to -20f a month ago with a fass and no fuel heater plus I forgot to plug the truck in. But on a side note I have also poped my fass fuse before it is around 10 below when I did it ran inside to the gas station came out and had zero pressure. Changed the fuse and down the road I went.you have to have a fuel pressure  Guage. I get funny looks when I tell ppl that I have a fuel pressure  gauges  in the truck 

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You folks in extreme cold,  can you use heat tape for plumbing but instead placed along your fuel lines and plug it in at night?

I thought but doing something like this a few years ago when I was having a lot of gelling issues. The way I look at it is you'll have nice warm fuel to start the engine but the 30 gallons of frozen goo in your tank will cancel that out in short order. 

Unless you got something like this

http://www.arctic-fox.com/

image.jpeg.e47936703c96fd9db08fca03a5670

But $$$$$$

I went with these and haven't gelled a filter since:

http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/fuelfilterheater.php

image.jpeg.a013bcdd332d324d79a6a339db9fb

17 hours ago, notlimah said:

Nice to see this kind of post since most are typically because of a problem! I drove mine on a 1000 mile trip and put on a gauge on it right after only to find out I had 0 pressure the whole time!  :doh: Really drives home the importance of a fuel pressure gauge on these trucks!

Was the Vp fine still after this ?

• Like 1