• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having trouble getting my Scanguage calibrated

• Owner
1 hour ago, leathermaneod said:

Well I may just do that sometime soon then. Is there a reason not to solder the wires?

None that I know of. Soldering welds the wires together and there is lower chance of signal loss.

why so keen on the heat shrink butt connectors?

Because it would still bind the wires together and the heat shrink would seal the connection.

I like them too but isn't soldering better?

Yes soldering is better but with limited room and access soldering is tough.

Gotcha! Yes I know the space is limited, but I figured without removing the pump, it's as good as its gona get the way it is. But if/when I am removing the pump, I'd like to fix it as well as possible and solder the wires, then use adhesive lined heat shrink tube. I was just concerned that the heat from soldering could damage the vp's electronics since it will be so close to where the wire goes in there. This would also be a case where it is critical to use solder that does not have acid correct? 

I guess it's time to start getting all the parts together for doing the vac pump. And all the other little odds and ends to do at the same time. Hopefully I don't have so much trouble with injector line leaks this time. 

Although maybe if I remove the intake horn and vp plug and all that ill be able to fix all that without removing the pump. Guess I'll have to wait and see.