• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having trouble getting my Scanguage calibrated

Hi all,

ive been trying for a few months now to get my scanguage calibrated. I followed all instructions to the letter, as far as I can tell, but many fill ups later I was still having to adjust the offset percentage by around 100%. I tried messing with diesel a and diesel b today on the drive to work to see if it changed the gph, but it was really hard to tell. However, most of the time it seems like the gph reading is way lower than it should be. Even beyond the typical 0 at idle. Is it possible that my truck is incorrectly reporting fuel consumption? Is there any way to test or calibrate that? Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I love the scanguage for its other features but I would really like to be able to see accurate mpg data....

• Owner

First question are you using any programer like a Smarty? Smarty and other flash tuner make a trainwreck out of calibratin being that it fools the fueling tables. With normal boxes like Edge or Quadzilla there is no issues on calibration.

As for ScanGauge II Diesela is correct. As for Idle it shows ZERO is correct. As for calibration I do it on long trip when I'll fill twice in one day. Where there is mostly highway running and very little idle time. Idling or high idling will skew the outcome and calibration.

Like my settings are: Diesela, Fillup Offset 14.5%, Speed +1% Typicall right on the money.On the 1996 its Gas, Fillup Offset 233%, Speed 0%.

Now to shift gears I've been working the OBDLink LX dongle and it is just as accurate too. JUst you got to start from Volumetric Efficiency of 63% and add to it the offset to get calibration.

Wow thats crazy! Thanks a million for the info Mike! Yes I am using a Smarty! Guess its time to find a new tuner or give up on the idea of using the fuel consumption functions of my scan gauge...anyone wanna trade Smarty for an Edge EZ or Edge Comp? lol Btw Mike, did you see my post about my slow pedal return? Do you have any thoughts on that? and have you ever encountered a similar situation? It seems a lot of trucks are like that but I haven't found a reliable solution anywhere yet....

• Owner

Edge EZ is only a +60, 63 or 65 HP

Edge Comp and Edge Juice are both 120 HP.

Edge Comp is half the price of the Edge Juice and way less toyz. No touch screen, no alarms, no limits, etc. But the same software. All the extras on Juice are not performance enhancing just eye candy (touch screen), annoyance (alarms) and defueling features (limits).

Edited by Mopar1973Man

21 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Edge EZ is only a +60, 63 or 65 HP

Edge Comp and Edge Juice are both 120 HP.

Edge Comp is half the price of the Edge Juice and way less toyz. No touch screen, no alarms, no limits, etc. But the same software. All the extras on Juice are not performance enhancing just eye candy (touch screen), annoyance (alarms) and defueling features (limits).

Yes the juice is pretty much out of the question for me. I don't need/want all that. I'm really not even sure I need the comp. I dont really want to have the pump wire tapped again either. Just scared me a little I guess. Because of that I don't think I'd be using the comp to its full potential anyway. I'm really leaning towards the easy. Numbers wise it should give me the same power as the smarty did....do you think I'll wish I had the comp? I don't need or want crazy power, and I already have 75 hp injectors. I may even back those down to rv275s in the future....

Edited by leathermaneod

• Owner
29 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Lol no problem.......next question... What would the comp do for me that the EZ won't if I don't want to tap my pump wire? Basically what I'm asking is...is the comp worth it if I'm not going to tap the pump wire? 

Basically be limited to main level 1 and 2. But have the sublevel of control for fuel where the Edge EZ doesn't have.