• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have to add something here. I remember Mike's hyper mileage runs and there not ones I reproduce. But last week on a fresh tank of fuel I had to make to runs to the house. I am only 100 miles from home so it was easy to do on this one tank. I made 2 trips home and back plus two trips to work and back on the interstate running 70, 75 mph. The trips home I ran 60 tops and 40 minimum. This was about a 70 30 mix, with 30 being the interstate. Now I know slower speeds will net better mileage but the weird thing to me was the lower speeds happened while traveling up and over the Blue Ridge Mountains. My gas gauge was telling me that I was getting some superior mileage and I was not sure something had not gone wrong with.the gauge. But sure enough I filled up with fuel and netted 20.7 mpg. That is a personal best for me. I have only seen north of 20 on 2  or 3 occasions in the 14 plus years I have driven this truck.

I just never expected to see that kind of mileage even at lower speeds while traveling the route I take. I was Impressed. All this was with the comp on 5X3 and without my foot to the floor. I did however use the throttle when appropriate.

So Mike, keep on hypermiling and I am slowly coming around.

• Like 2