• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some Scangauge Questions

Hey guys,

So I have a few questions for those who have experience with the Scangauge 2. I have had mine since Christmas and I really like it, but I'm having a really hard time getting the fuel usage features calibrated. The first issue was I had a Smarty. So I sold that and got an Edge comp, but its still taking FOREVER to get it to be accurate. Its still about 4.5 mpgs high on the average mpgs. I did notice something I think is really odd though. At idle, it is showing some minor fuel usage, between about .06 and .2 gph. It is reading 0 mpgs at idle though so thats good. Heres the even weirder part, I can be cruising along and if I let off the go pedal some, it will jump to 0 gph and 9999 mpgs. It seems to be any gear, and various rpms, just cruising along at almost any speed, I just have to let off the throttle a good bit. Does that sound normal? Could that be why I'm having such a hard time getting this thing calibrated? Next question, I noticed today that the Scanguage reading as low as 13.6 on the voltmeter at times. Is that normal? I've seen it fluctuate between 14.1 and 13.6 now. 

• Owner

Normal. GPH flow rate is calculated since Cummins ECM does not provide a GPH flow rate. Spits based off of MAP sensor values. As for calibration it has be done the same day. Best to fill do long haul on the interstate and then fill again the same day. Idling will skew you number.

Also remember to check the speedometer and odometer for accuracy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Where you saying normal on the voltage too?

Maybe that's my issue with the calibration then. It takes me about a week and a half to go through a tank of fuel....

i I have to add about 2% for speed according to a speedo app on my iPhone, and my odometer is usually about two miles behind the scanguage

I have had mine for the last two years and have the same problem with the calibration. I have been to CA. from WI. and back twice and only once or twice has it been closer then 3 mpg  off plus or minus. Around town I cant get it any closer then 5 mpg over what it is really getting.  The voltage reading sounds about right, I have seen as high as 14.4 in the winter and as low as 13.6 in the summer. What you are seeing is the battery temp sensor doing its job.

• Like 1