• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auto Trans - Band Adjustment

The price is about 10 bucks less than what I paid for the OEM line, but having 2 extra fittings and being solid I think makes for more trouble down the stretch for loosening fittings and or cracking due to vibrations ect. Just my opinion:2cents:

yeah - I'll admit I thought the exact same bit .......

Hey

Anyone1 got any local tranny guys they recommend - closer to STL , MO the better

Having problems working out who to use

Goerand called 5 times - no call back

DTT - mixed info (hit and miss)

performance innovations - I'm leaning here - but 50/50

I have a guy at www.ShiftRiteTransmissions.com who will do rebuild and install for around $2k - but he's only charging $300 for convertor and saying its stall speed is 2100 same as OEM - so I think I want 1800 - makes me nervous

Also guys at http://www.1stoptrans.net/ have an ok price - but know nothing about them ..................

Really looking to keep this under $3k - thats why I was going to the VB + shift kit - but worried if my tranny does go it will take my TC with it.

:tease:

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

ok

never mind

made a decision - yeah - no $#!!*

Spoke with Frank from RevMaxx - nice guy.

Bought a 3x disk TC with valve body and upgraded solenoids and shift kit.

He thinks from what I described that's the issue. And he thinks the burnt fluid is due to the TC failing - not due to excessive heat (something to do with the nut and clutch on the TC) ........ but the best part - he said they are happy to ship the TC +VB ........ and should fix issue. IF not - they can ship the rebuilt tranny - and all up it only costs me around $150 extra (which is basically the shipping charges ) them having to ship 2 x seperately.

What I like about it is I get to see if the TC+VB fixes the issue. And even if I decide to replace the tranny 1 yr later - they will work with me on it :) And all up its just a few $$hundred plus dropping the tranny twice if it gets that bad !!!

I will do a full writeup on this for everyone :) And me.

thx:thumbup2: