• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Apps question

turning back the screw a1/2 a turn counterclockwise, will this bring the volts at or below .533 what if you turn it a 1/2 a turn and it goes to lets say .543, would u keep turning it back til lit goes below .533, thanks

Just start going up slow, mine jumped a few numbers and i went back 1/2.I just did what it said because there is no magic number you are looking for. Just a 1/2 back.When i turned my timbo apps back per instructions.The voltage did not drop much.I used a screw driver with a 20 torx bit.It was easy to turn it up and back down looking at the handle to see a 1/2 turn.I went real slow.But to each his own in reguards to tools.

Join the club... 2nd cup and wound up tight now... But as for setting the voltage on a old sensor. Typical the sensor is sold complete assembled and calibrated so you don't need to adjust a new sensor. Also after playing with mine I thing people are confused about the voltage mark on the tag. This is the voltage where the On/Off idle switch trade out. So if your ABOVE this voltage then the APPS is OFF IDLE and if your below this voltage then your ON IDLE. So if you voltage is a bit low is fine. But if you voltage is above the printed tag then systems like high idle, exhaust brake, transmission shifting, etc don't work properly because the ECM/PCM always assume your pushing the throttle. I know I need to revise this way of thinking and post a update in my APPS write up... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=970

Mines below and the damn high idle still wont work :banghead::mad:

ok, so basicly the turning of the screw is just to take up the slack in the pedal? and what ever the volts read for your paticuler sensor thats the base line. I got confused as I seen .553 and that was a set in stone voltage, sorry for all the questions, just want to do it and be done with it

• Owner

ok, so basicly the turning of the screw is just to take up the slack in the pedal? and what ever the volts read for your paticuler sensor thats the base line. I got confused as I seen .553 and that was a set in stone voltage, sorry for all the questions, just want to do it and be done with it

Sorry... I was trying to create the graphic quickly... But it what every your tag voltage is you want to be slightly below this number by like -0.010 Volts would be a good starting point... Because as the APPS wears out and the voltage rises or lowers then it might cross the line again...

So Michael, in your opinion, does this new sensor repair wear out quicker that a factory one? or just the gradual wear, and no way of adjusting,,,, so in reallity I should keep a spare,i remember i had a 2001 power stroke, had 2 cam shaft positioner sensors on board all the time.cause you never know, thanks