• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ball joint time!

Well my ball joints have finally decided they've had enough. 174,XXX miles I can't complain. :thumb1: I can complain about Dodge's ingenious idea to rivet them in though! :mad: So who has done this? Is it a huge PITA or not too bad. Truck is a 2wd dually. I found some moog joints from rockauto.com for $350.00 shipped. Deciding to do it myself or pay for it to be done.

on my 99 2wd the ball joints (upper and lower) were press in. i went with moog "problem solver"....my buddies 94 GMC 2500 4x4 had the ball joints riveted. it wasn't bad after figured out the easy way.use an air hammer to take the head off. then drill them out and then use a punch and hammer to knock'em out. used bolts to hold them on. next time he changes them, its a really fast job

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, it was a PITA. I lucked out and had a couple of buddies come over and helped me knock them out. They ended up doing most of the removal, and all in all things went pretty smooth. 4 Hours total for 3 of us. Went and had it aligned and I feel like I'm running on rails! Haven't had this good of steering in a looooong time. :hyper: