• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seatbelt

So my seat swap was a success, but not without a hiccup. The drivers seatbelt will unwind about half an inch and lock. That's as far as it will go!  I tried shaking it, beat on the back of the seat, and stuck my pinky finger in trying to find a release. 

Any ideas on what to try next?

Found the drivers side was unplugged from switch/relay under console. Plugged it up but no difference. Even disconnected negative cable on battery and it didn't work. Should I have disconnected both batteries?

Edited by leon

Disconnected the negative cables for a hour to reset computer and tjatndidnt do it. 

Unplugged the rellay/solenoid/switch/whatever it is under the console for 30 min. The passenger side seat belt locked up and wouldn't unwind either. Plugged back in and drivers side still won't operate but passenger side operates fine again. 

So I guess it's in the belt mechanism itself and has nothing to do with the solenoid under the console. 

Dieselfuture, from what I can gather this year Ram has some electric explosion switch tied in with the air bag and not completely inertia driven. It's a bad design and of course they got away from it. 

Took the belt assembly apart and low and behold now it works!!

• Like 1