• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think flexalite actually makes a set of dual electric fans for the cummins application for around 500-600 bucks. The problem with adding another cooler is giving you nothing but added capacity and while driving in city stop and go traffic you still have the same problem of lack of enough airflow to cool things down, it may take a bit longer to heat up the extra oil but it will eventually heat up just the same without a way to flow air to disipate the heat.

But doesn't the tranny cooler with 12v fan have a switch that will come on at a certain temp - just same as front electric fan http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Hi-Tek-Automatic-Transmission-Cooling-System/Hi-Tek-Automatic-Transmission-Cooling-System-13-1-2x9x3-1-2-with-9-1-2-diameter-fan So once temps go over certain temp it kicks in and starts cooling down the fluid directly. And just to be be real dumb here - isn't this a direct cooling of the fluid itself, whereas dual electric fans are just passing more airflow over the existing cooler ?? So what I mean is - this way you actually get it directly cooled by two fans against 2x sets of 'fins'. Using the 2 front mounted electric fans you have 2 fans (same) but only 1 set of fins - so less surface area in total thats being cooled as it moves through ? :shrug:

The one you posted would work, I did not realize it was a cooler with a fan attached, my bad :thumb1: I just don't know where you would find a good spot to mount it. You have to also realize that the factory tranny cooler is probably about 2-3 times bigger than the one you posted so you could see where getting a higher volume of air through that one would work too. Not to mention colder air conditioning and cooler carged air into your intake and cooler engine temps. Plus the gained power from not driving the mechanical fan all the time going down the road ect.

The one you posted would work, I did not realize it was a cooler with a fan attached, my bad :thumb1: I just don't know where you would find a good spot to mount it. You have to also realize that the factory tranny cooler is probably about 2-3 times bigger than the one you posted so you could see where getting a higher volume of air through that one would work too. Not to mention colder air conditioning and cooler carged air into your intake and cooler engine temps. Plus the gained power from not driving the mechanical fan all the time going down the road ect.

Good points - yeah one of my concerns is where to mount it - as well as using tranny 1/2" flexi-hose for the fluid to connect to cooler lines. Need to think if there is anyway to mount a second fan (only) to existing stock ...... rather than replacing the stock fan with the two fans - as I can't afford $600 for this one.