• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cluster Bezel removal

I have the manual but it is "woefully inadequate" in its description of how to remove the Cluster Bezel.Where do you pry, which way and what "tool" do you use to "gently pry" around the perimeter?Does the "band" that joins the cluster bezel to the dash come off or stay?Do you pry between the cluster bezel and the "band"?

• Owner

There is a couple of place where you can grab it... Like right in front of you grab the upper lip and pull straight out firmly... Be careful and work around with it so you don't break it... On the manual trans there is a little hole on the right hand corner (By the cubby hole) I normally can get started with...

• Like 1

nah....if you take the dash out...you can lay down new fiberglass resin on the inside....and paint the outside(that you see).my bezel broke a little to the left of the double vents in the center, when i took it off to put in a different radio. it was about a 2"-3" chunk. super glued it a its not as noticeable as a 3" hole. some one out there makes a dash they guarantee will not crack.

Thanks to all! I pulled the bezel today and disconnected the wires and put it all back! All without any new cracks. Now that I have done it, I know how to do it. Isn't that always the way it is!?

• Like 1