• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally figured out why my truck is lacking power

have been noticing a drop in power and loud engine noise from the drivers side under heavy acceleration for a month or more and started digging on the weekend. I found my boot coming off the intercooler on the drivers side has about a 3 inch slit in it caused by the inner fender. Could'nt see it until i started pushing on the boot because of the road dirt build up on it.Now just to figure out where i'm going to buy a boot :spend:

well after reading this post i dicided to check mine. i can see the fender has rubbed the boot but not sure if its leaking. going to hardware store in the morning to make something i can use to pressurize the intake

4" PVC pipe cap, rubber sewer connector, hose clamps. drill and tap the cap for an air hose fitting. There ya go man.:thumbup2:

interesting...i was going to use a rubber cap, using nuts to hold/seal the air fitting. anyone see any problems to what im suggesting? to clarify, just a rubber cap, a air fitting, and some nuts. it would be shorter than the one in the pic

The only thing I can say is becareful... I don't know if the rubber cap with swell outward and spit the hardware back at you as every stretches out. :pray::shrug:

then i should add washers to that list and sandwich it in there...am i correct in assuming that 35psi this way should not cause any problems

• Owner

Typically most hook up to a regulated source like a air compressor and then soap the system down looking for bubbles. Or like the one in the picture load it with air and watch the pressure gauge for fall...Either way you end up soaping the system looking for bubbles. Oh yeah if you got a boost elbow you might take it out and put the stock elbow in. Adjustable or aftermarket elbows have a tiny pin hole in them so this will show a leak. So if you put the stock elbow back you can also test the wastegate for function.

• Like 1