• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to Dynamic!!

39 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I think he does do manuals, but not sure. Either way, pull the trans and freight it! Cheaper then driving from where you are! haha

Does he flush out trans cooler or anything else that he needs the entire truck for at time of install or any future servicing?

I might take mine over to him in back of wives CRV.  Then again he might want to "test" drive it before turning over to customer.

You got me thinking...A guy in neighborhood hauls cars around to different car dealers, mostly I-5 Sacramento/ San Francisco area to our (Puget sound) area.  He gave me a phone number of a guy that goes east I-90, as far as Billings MT.  But the cost added up quickly, a buck a mile for entire truck.   So going both ways cost would by about $600.00 just for freight.  I'll check into just getting the trans over there and back..

Then again I wonder how much trouble I could get into R&R the trans myself?

He did flush out the one cooler line that has to come out (hot side I think) but other then that mine didn't need much of a flush (thankfully)! Jon did test drive it to make sure TV cable adjustment was where he wanted it to be, but I'm sure he could walk you through how you'd want it adjusted to perform the best if you were to just ship your trans.

Is there any reason you couldn't drive the truck out there? I went through all the same thought process as you as before I just decided it'll be easier to just take the truck to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notlimah said:

He did flush out the one cooler line that has to come out (hot side I think) but other then that mine didn't need much of a flush (thankfully)! Jon did test drive it to make sure TV cable adjustment was where he wanted it to be, but I'm sure he could walk you through how you'd want it adjusted to perform the best if you were to just ship your trans.

Is there any reason you couldn't drive the truck out there? I went through all the same thought process as you as before I just decided it'll be easier to just take the truck to him.

Guess I'm going to have to drive.   But going to try to get trans work done when we are over there for other things (family reunion or a graduation in late June).   Reason I don't want to drive to him is... I get so tired going that way,  more often than I want to.   Some of my in-laws are only about 5 miles from Jon in Veradale or now called Spokane valley.

Did Jon say how often to adjust bands?