• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Simple break down... MAIN LEVEL 1. 40 HP2. 60 HP3. 80 HP4. 100 HP5. 120 HP SUBLEVEL 1. 33% of fuel till 20 PSI of boost2. 50% of fuel till 15 PSI of boost3. 67% of fuel till 10 PSI of boost4. Some extra fuel at 0 PSI of boost5. Full fuel at 0 boost. Now some notes... Main level determines how much maximum fuel and timing your going to get. So higher the level the more timing and fuel are given. Sublevel is actually 2 modes in one... Defuel and power modes. Sublevels 1-3 are defuel mode to aid in smoke controllability. Now remember the timing and fuel are greatly effect in these modes. These modes are typical used by people with very large injectors. Also the towing crowd is known to use these for EGT control. Sublevel 4-5 are power modes that delivers more power smoothly over the main level span. Now the timing is more enhanced from idle up to full power. If you looking for MPG's and can drive with a light foot. I highly suggest you set it for 5x5 and leave it go... With a light foot you controlling the fuel amount with your foot and the timing stays advanced longer.

• Like 1

Just a quick note to the levels and power. It has been determined that more often than not the level 5 with sublevel 4 gives the best performance and power. Not 100% of the time but most often. I have the dyno graphs on mine with different turbo and injector setups to prove this with my drag comp. level 5 sublevel 4 is always the winner. Hp is always nearly identical but the torque curve is always smoother and higher.

• Like 1

• Owner

I wonder if you got the bug like mine does... Set you levels like 4x1 and 5x5 and test run on 5x5 you should have low power and very little smoke. Now switch 4x5 and run 5x5 and see if you power increases. I've found the adjacent level effect the next higher level. Like I found if you set all levels 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, and 5x5 you get the most out of the 5x5.

I haven't played with mine like that but I know they went back to the old original programming to eliminate that particular issue which the comp I have was the new comp with the old program so That should have been resolved with my version. The only bug mine has is that it will not turn on in cold temps around 30 and lower and if it does turn on it sends no power to the pump until the comp unit warms up inside. There are Many threads on many forums stating this issue and I have sent mine in several times and they have gone back to old programming and they have not fixed the problem as they claim they do not know of it and can never recreate the issue. They have even gone to the forums and read the threads as I was in contact with the tech department for about a year so they knew exactly what the issue was and that is exists widely only to call them back and have them deny any knowlege of this issue.:mad: A side note is that only the units with the HOT unlock have the cold weather issue.

Just a quick note to the levels and power. It has been determined that more often than not the level 5 with sublevel 4 gives the best performance and power. Not 100% of the time but most often. I have the dyno graphs on mine with different turbo and injector setups to prove this with my drag comp. level 5 sublevel 4 is always the winner.

Hp is always nearly identical but the torque curve is always smoother and higher.

Thats interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I haven't played with mine like that but I know they went back to the old original programming to eliminate that particular issue which the comp I have was the new comp with the old program so That should have been resolved with my version. The only bug mine has is that it will not turn on in cold temps around 30 and lower and if it does turn on it sends no power to the pump until the comp unit warms up inside. There are Many threads on many forums stating this issue and I have sent mine in several times and they have gone back to old programming and they have not fixed the problem as they claim they do not know of it and can never recreate the issue. They have even gone to the forums and read the threads as I was in contact with the tech department for about a year so they knew exactly what the issue was and that is exists widely only to call them back and have them deny any knowlege of this issue.:mad:

Mine does the same thing.I have to turn the key a few times until it turns on.Sometimes it will light up two led's the first key turn.The third time is the charm most of the time

Mine does the same thing.I have to turn the key a few times until it turns on.Sometimes it will light up two led's the first key turn.The third time is the charm most of the time

Yeah I forgot to mention that some times the repeated key on thing works also. But when I try it and it does come on is when I find that I still get no response out of it until it warms up even though it turned on.

I'm sure the OP is going OMG! :ahhh: What did I just buy??? Well the cat is out of the bag and yes the Edge Comp does have problems but for the most part if you understand the issues and how to avoid them you'll get the most out of the product... :thumbup2: So don't sweat it... :thumbup2:

Yes, it really is one of the best boxes out there.It is the tride and true and vary reliable.Edge also has good customer service.

I LOVE my edge (i have the juice - I think the boxes are pretty similar in timing/fueling programs)except for maybe it killed my trans :lmao:it is still (almost) worth it !!!! lmao I have about 6 edge stickers if any1 wants one - just pm me your address - I have a bout 5 or 6.About 2 1/2" wide and 5" long as a guess - heavy 3D material - with silver sticking backing ..... :thumbup2:free

Alright thanks guys that helped me out a lot. hey JOHNFAK do u still have the edge stickers?

Sure - a couple left - they are small but nice - kinda like a small truck decal - edge sent me a few extra is all pm me your shipping address and i'll get it sent :thumb1: